Welcome to the best air conditioning experts!
No appointments necessary. If you need to wait, call first and we will estimate your wait time. We also have before or after-hours drop off.
If you are having trouble with your auto air conditioner or heater, you’ve come to the right place. This site will answer all your questions, explain our specific products and services, give you the low-down on compressors, explain our warranty, tell you how to contact us, and show you a map of how to get to us.
Free Visual Inspection
Here’s what’s included:
- Attaching gauges and reading high and low pressure.
- Checking for “blowing leaks”. These are leaks that are readily detectable under low pressure situations.
- Determining whether there is an electrical problem keeping the A/C from cooling.
- Visually inspecting the A/C system components for mechanical malfunctions, such as a locked-up compressor.
- Checking for improper operation of the climate controls.
- …and more.
- Compressor leaks are often easily repaired, ie. manifold o-rings, hose connections, pressure relief valves not resetting, etc.
- Internal noise can be due to lack of lubricant.
- Electrical failures, i.e. fuse, bad clutch coil, relay, etc…
- Compressor failure.
- Overcharging of the refrigerant presents a big problem.
- Undercharged refrigerant causes a lack of lubricant flow, starving the compressor.
- Expansion valve shut-down causes lack of lubrication to the compressor. (Note: if you A/C is not cooling, turn it off and get it checked).
- Overheating compressor due to high head pressure may be caused by condenser fan failure.
- Clutch engagement failure may be caused by excessive clutch gap, bad clutch field coil, or other electrical problem. Clutch bearing failure, many bearings are servicable without replacing the compressor assembly. This means a big savings!
- Drier/filter bag breakdown. Auto Cool has the ability to flush the debris out of the system without replacing stopped-up components.
- Leaking compressor. Only an A/C specialty shop has the capability of replacing shaft-seals and compressor body seals. Again this is a savings to our customer.
- We are able to disassemble and inspect the compressor to see what debris may be in the system.
Complete A/C Installations
Installation of air conditioning into a vehicle that came from the factory without it. Modern aftermarket installations are designed to look like and function like the factory installed unit, but do not always contain factory parts. Auto Cool’s A/C installation experience allows us to determine the best manufacturer for your specific vehicle.
Custom installations are one of our specialties. These are for vehicles for which an aftermarket box unit is not available. These installations are unique to each vehicle and the vehicle must be brought to us for a quote. Due to the time requirements for these installs, we try to only schedule them in our off-season. This allows us to devote more time to them and gives you more “bang for your buck”!